Hi, I am Anna and I am passionate about helping people feel better, improve their health and hopefully live longer, as a result.
Here you will find monthly articles on some of the most interesting topics concerning Nutrition, Health, Wellbeing, Longevity and much more – all backed by credible and scientific evidence, at the time of writing.
Nutrition science is ever evolving, with new research and discoveries coming out quicker than we can catch up with or interpret. As such, you won’t see me preaching anything with 100% confidence, as that would be seen as immature and unprofessional.
My Qualifications and Approach:
I am a certified MacNutritionUni (MNU) Nutritionist, which is a world-renowned evidence-based Nutrition Certification course, run by the best in the industry in the areas of physiology of the human body; biochemistry of nutrients; hormonal effects of foods; advanced nutritional theory; weight/fat-loss principles and methods; sport performance; muscle gain nutrition programming; nutrition support before/during/after pregnancy; ageing and nutritional considerations for optimising quality of life; including clinical nutrition to support clients with conditions such as PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes, IBS, Eating Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease.
I strive to continuously gain new knowledge and experience by reading new research and academic literature, and attending seminars. Some of the seminars I have attended in the past 12+ months are as follows:
- Nutritional Requirements for Children and Adolescents with Eating Disorders vs Fussy Eating (by Sarah Fuller)
- Dieting Language and Socially Acceptable Restriction in Children and Adolescents (by Sarah Fuller)
- Cutting Edge Nutrition for the Ageing Client (by Oliver Witard)
- Gut Health and Functional Gut Disorders (by Megan Rossi)
- Urges and Impulses: supporting those with Disordered Eating (by Ursula Philpot)
- Diabetes Management: a pragmatic approach (by Paul McArdle)
- PCOS Management: dietary approaches (by Martin MacDonald)